Monday, February 7, 2011

IN BODY-CONSCIOUSNESS VS. SOUL-CONSCIOUSNESS!



In Body-Consciousness
I’m in bondage
I have many questions and few answers
I’m afraid of dying (losing the body)
I have no control over the sense organs
I become bored and get depressed easily
The wings of the soul are clipped
The intellect is dull
I’m limited to the perception of this world.
I see a distorted past and have no clear aim for
the future.
I’m disturbed by feelings of attraction and lust for
bodies.
I give sorrow, like a thorn hurting everyone.
I see everyone relative to my identity, my life
revolving around ‘me’ …. This is arrogance.
I am tense and tired.
In Soul-Consciousness
There are no bondages; I am free.
I understand everything that I do.
I know I’m eternal and there is no fear of death.
I’m able to practise self-control.
I understand situations and overcome them easily.
I’m able to maintain enthusiasm.
I have wings of thought to fly beyond the body.
The intellect is sharp.
I can travel to the other regions beyond this world.
The past, present and future of my part are seen
clearly.
I’m attracted by the qualities of the Supreme Soul
only.
I spread the fragrance of virtues like a flower.
I respect each LIVING BEING and am related to them
with humility.
I’m alert and relaxed.
(From the book ‘New Beginnings’)

No comments: